Many actresses like Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif are taller than a lot of the male stars.
There was a time in Bollywood when heroines weren’t supposed to be taller than their heroes. In fact, if an actress, no matter how good looking she was, or how good her acting was, was way too tall, she had a lot of trouble finding work in Bollywood.
However, in the present times, things have changed to a large extent and they have changed for better. Now-a-days, most of the top actresses like Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif are taller than a lot of the male stars and have absolutely no difficulty sharing the screen space with them. Bollywood as a whole has become a lot more accommodating when it comes to the way the heroines are perceived. Let us take a look at some of the heroines who have worked in movies where the heroes were shorter than them.
1. Deepika Padukone stands tall with a height of 1.74 m. She has worked with Shahrukh Khan in two films, Om Shanti Om and Happy New Year, who is a tad bit shorter than her with a height of 1.73 m. She has also worked with Saif Ali Khan in movies like Cocktail, Love Aaj Kal and Saif is quite shorter than her with a height 1.7 m.
2. Anushka Sharma, just like Deepika was a model before she entered Bollywood. She is really tall with a height of 1.75 m and has worked with a much shorter Salman Khan (1.7 m) in Sultan last year. She has also done movies with SRK like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Jab Tak Hai Jaan, who is also a little shorter than her with a height of 1.73 m.
3. Katrina Kaif is one of the most gorgeous actresses of Bollywood and is really tall with a height of 1.73 m. She has worked with all the three Khans, Aamir Khan (1.65 m), Salman Khan (1.7) and Shahrukh Khan (1.73 m), two of whom are shorter than her except SRK who has the same height as her. She has also worked with Saif Ali Khan in Phantom, who is also shorter than her with a height of 1.7 m.
4. Sonam Kapoor is another leading lady of Bollywood who is extremely tall with a height of 1.75 m. She has worked with Salman Khan in Saawariya and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and he is quite shorter than her with a height of 1.7 m.
5. Sushmita Sen was the one of the few leading ladies in the 90s who was really tall with a height of 1.75 m. She has worked with both SRK and Salman in movies like Main Hoon Na. Maine Pyaar Kyun Kia and Biwi No. 1. While SRK is 1.73 m, Salman is even shorter with a height of 1.7 m.
6. Tabu was another Bollywood heroine in the 90s who was very tall with a height of 1.74 m. She was more of an art house actress but in one of the commercial movies she did in the 90s. Saajan Chale Sasural, she was taller than her leading hero, Govinda who had a height of 1.73 m.
7. Shilpa Shetty was another tall actress from the 90s with an height of 1. 74 m, who worked with Shahrukh Khan in Baazigar. He was a little shorter than her with a height of 1.73 m. She also worked with Salman Khan in films like Auzaar and he was a lot shorter than her with a height of 1.7 m.